Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The things kids say.....

I think it's hilarious when kids start using words that they don't know exactly what they mean. All of my kids have had mis-pronunciations and mis-spoken words but it's just so funny. Abbie for example used to tell us all the time she was saving everything for her 'clitiorun'. What? It took us about 2 months to figure out she was talking about her 'collection' that she kept in a box of random stuff. Norbert used to refer to his pillow as a 'punya'...love it! Drake is now saying 'seriously' to everything no matter what the reference. If Norbert does something he doesn't like he'll look at him and say, "SERIOUSLY?". Another one of his favorite words is "literally" as in, "You know Jake from school? Well you don't know him literally but you know that kid with....". Just makes me chuckle.

Lots going on this week as always. Getting Abbie ready for Homecoming this weekend! Norbert had a blast at his and was glad he decided to go. He looked so handsome :) I can't figure out if Abbie is supposed to buy something for her boyfriend since he's buying her a corsage and some of the kids are exchanging garters but I think that's a bit overboard for her age. Maybe just like a key chain or something with their names on it? idk I guess I will have to talk to her about it.

So I talked to our landlord lastnight to let him know that we're moving in December. The conversation went so much better than I expected and I left feeling a sense of relief that it is finally done. I can't stand the feeling of keeping a secret or lying about something. He seemed very appreciative that we were giving him so much notice and thanked us for fixing everything we could before moving. I just don't know what to do about some of the bigger stuff, things that I consider normal wear & tear from living there 3 years. Oh well, we'll figure it all out! I'm just so glad it's happening.

Work is still crazy busy and I'm in the process of training by replacement for the other team. I have to be honest it's going to be a huge adjustment only working 8 hours a day once she's on board with everything. I'm so used to get here crazy early, which I like for the great parking spot but it's also so quiet in here. I really need to get prepared for coming in an hour later and leaving at a normal time. Well onto work I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment