Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'm back......

Wow I can't believe it's been a month since I've blogged...I just have the hardest time with juggling everything going on right now. A long list of events are currently happening in my life and it doesn't seem to ever slow down. First of all the move is finally right around the corner so figuring out all of the final details is driving me mad. Then I have one child that is trying to buck the system at every turn and really hating that we're moving. Onward, I have been having some pretty major health issues and doc finally told me if I don't make a lifestyle change I will die. I think out of all of it that is the hardest to swallow...but more to follow shortly.

So let's address the move first. Looks as if we'll be starting to move things in slowly in about a week. Their new house is getting the hardwood floors in 11/28 and then carpeting 12/5 so right after that we start working our butts off to make it happen before New Years! I'm sickly nervous about the whole thing but have faith that it will happen without a hitch. Sad to say that we'll be moving over Christmas but what can you do? Our POD is being delivered 11/28 and that will start clearing out the house.

My problem child...but o'how I love her. Abbie is such an angel in disguise. Sweetest girl you will ever meet but in the end she is also the most opinionated, stubborn girl ever. She's not afraid to speak her mind and is currently fighting the "every other weekend to see her friends" compromise that was mentioned a year ago. I know that her social life is most important to her right now but also don't think she understand that there are determining factors to all that driving. The funniest thing is that everything she is doing to me I did to my mom at some point. It really does come true when you're parents say "Just you wait until you have a child of your own, then you'll understand!" Ha, I get it now

So here's my laughter for the day....Drake has been coming up with some dandy things lately. His comments just kill me such as:
  1. No but thank you very much
  2. I would much rather not
  3. I'm thinking no
The best thing he's said recently is "I wonder what it's like to be married. What is it like for you mom?" To this my response was automatic (and a bit deep for my 11 year old).

Being married is like having your bestfriend by your side for the rest of your life. It's like constantly having a coach with you to help you solve problems and cheer you on. It's also like having a parent forever because you always have someone else to think about when you're making decisions....it's the greatest thing in the world.

With that I close for the day thinking much about how children can really make you re-evaluate how you look at your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment