Monday, February 6, 2012

How times change

How do you go from this.......




To this......?




I sometimes don't understand how my little pumpkin, no bigger than my husbands hands at birth can have such a large attitude sometimes. Not to mention he's much taller than me now?! I find that we struggle a lot with agreement on rules and restrictions which I know is normal for a teenager but I wasn't prepared. It all happened so fast, this growing up stuff.

When you have a child, especially your first, you think the moments are going to last forever. The giggles, hugs, laughter, and even the tears are what is burned in your memory and feel as if they just happened yesterday. You don't realize how time flies and how quickly you will get to see the product of all of your hard work and worry. As I write these statements tears come to my eyes at the lost moments, created memories, and the ones yet to come.

I couldn't be more proud of the man that my son is becoming. He is even tempered, loves everyone, smart as a whip....this list could go on & on. I know that he is a reflection of the type of parents we are and the life we've lived by example for our children - I'm bursting with pride! My husband has been such a wonderful role model on how to live your life as an honorable man, I couldn't ask for more.

I know that as time continues to go on we will experience many more adventures of a different kind. Our relationship will now go from a "mom I need you" to a "mom, I respect your opinion but I have to make decisions w/o you too". I'm so not ready ;(

Onward and upward Norbert. You are doing great so far and I only have the highest hopes and dreams for your future. I can't wait to see the full man you will be and how proud I know you'll make me.

No comments:

Post a Comment